First

Gamma spectacular, theremino adapters, non-sound card based, etc...
panserv

First

Post by panserv » 29 Aug 2017, 05:24

Hi everyone this is my first post.
I am building a gammaspectrometer and came upon this site.
I bought a charge sensitive amplifier made by rh electronics , but although its described as being able to be used on both negative and positive Hv config, ( description says it come in +), there's nothing in the diagram to show you nhow to run it on negative .
I wanted to use it on positive ground configuration, so i would appreciate it if anyone here has used this amplifier and can help out with some information.
Thank you !

http://www.rhelectronics.net/store/pmt- ... meter.html

luuk

Re: First

Post by luuk » 01 Sep 2017, 22:17

Hi ??? (your real name please!)

I am not familiar with this amplifier but normally there is a capacitor(1-10nF) in serial with the input to prevent hv coming in the amp if you use a detector on negative HV you don’t need this capacitor an can simply remove it.
It is for amateur use not recommended to work with negative high voltage detectors, there is always a risk that the outside will be on high voltage this can be very dangerous even can cause death as result!
Use a only positive high voltage detector is more save!!!!!!!!

Luuk

panserv

Post by panserv » 08 Sep 2017, 19:07

Oh, sorry !
Name is Vincent Borg.
I eventually worked out the negative line method for one of my XP2412 tubes.
I have a Hmmatsu C4900 HV module to go with it.
Later I will post a photo of the schematic (-ve) and rhelectronics Charge Sensitive Amplifier.

My tubes came with the usual board with a few resistors, capacitors and smb connector, I will be ripping out.

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 09 Sep 2017, 21:53

Vincent,

You can edit your user name in the UCP (Click on your login name top right to access the UCP).

Do you have the schematic for the little preamplifier you could post? Frankly the pulse I see on the oscilloscope video is not ideal for sound card spectrometry which uses a relatively slow sample rate, it would be better if you condition the signal through an RC filter and round off the sharp peak.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |

marconmeteo

Post by marconmeteo » 10 Sep 2017, 18:00

Quote Luuk, but I think you can ask for more info to the producer RH Electronics
Dario Tortato - IU3ARP - Electronic Technician