GS-1100-PRO

Gamma spectacular, theremino adapters, non-sound card based, etc...
MaxGaspa

GS-1100-PRO

Post by MaxGaspa » 13 Sep 2017, 02:24

Hi,

I'm wondering if the electrical schematic of the GS-1100-PRO is available for download. Is there any IP on the device preventing the designer from publishing it?

Another question is related to the power supply, it seems specified as 5.0 Volt nominal. What is the working range for it? I'm going to use an extern battery to provide power supply and that is an important information. USB 2.0 is stating 4.4 to 5.25 V for low power device and 4.75 to 5.25 V at upstream connector for high power device, so the last range should be usable. But what is the actual [min , max] interval for the voltage supply assuring the GS-PRO specifications ?

Max

Steven Sesselmann

Re: GS-1100-PRO

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 13 Sep 2017, 10:02

Max,

There is no patent on the GS, but I also haven't published the schematic. That said I am happy to share it with you in a PM, because good collaboration often leads to a better product. I have made many incremental improvements over the years and for sure there will be more.

Regarding the power input, it would be preferable to use a ripple free 5V USB supply, reason being there is no regulator in front of the pre-amplifier, so a voltage drift may affect your spectrum. I am considering to add a regulator in front of the amplifier in the next version. Keep in mind it's not super critical, because the amplifier volume is set to around 10%, so any drift will be 1:10

The high voltage side has a precision voltage reference source and should maintain good stability.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |

MaxGaspa

Post by MaxGaspa » 14 Sep 2017, 08:28

Steven,

Thank you very much. I sent a PM for schematic.

I'm planning to use an external battery (a lead one with 6 Volt nominal) and a Linear Technology LT1962 voltage regulator (270 mV of dropout @ 5 V , 300 mA). So I think no issue will be observed.

Max

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 14 Sep 2017, 15:47

Max,

I think your battery solution will be fine, as long as you have a 5V regulator on it.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |