Greetings

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
ChrisRadium2023

Greetings

Post by ChrisRadium2023 » 26 Jan 2023, 19:41

Hello,

I'm Chris , I live in Paris . I've always been interested in sciences (biology and physics) . I studied biology in order to become a lab tech in biologic analysis ( the kind of lab where you go to when you need blood tests and so on) . Then I started to study radiology (x rays, radiotherapy, radioprotection) and I had to stop after my 1st year and start to work.
Still, I managed to do DIY science projects and transformed my little flat into a lab...
I'm fascinated by the early history of radioactivity and a few years ago I got my 1st geiger counter ( 90's) and started to collect historical items linked to the history of radioactivity .

Quite rencently I found out about scintillation detectors and started the construction of a scintillation counter..but soon discovered (and understood better) what gamma spectroscopy was .....

And now i'm here... and still building my own gamma spectrommer...

Thanks for accepting me

Chris

Sesselmann

Re: Greetings

Post by Sesselmann » 26 Jan 2023, 19:48

Hallo Chris,

Welcome to the forum, we are all tinkering with nuclear isotopes and gamma spectroscopy so you are in good company. Tell us about your builds and share your experiences here on the forum, it makes interesting reading for everyone. Without contributors the forum dies, so don't just be a reader 😉

Looking forward to read your posts.

Steven