Hello!

New members please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.
Hans-Jörg

Hello!

Post by Hans-Jörg » 30 Apr 2017, 16:41

Hello,

my name is Hans-Jörg Wildanger, I am 62 years old and I am living in Germany near Saarbrücken.
Since my early days, I have been interested in science, especially chemistry and electronics. Some years ago, as parts became cheaper and more available, I started with radiation measuring with Geiger tube based instruments. Now I build my first gamma spectrometer. Radiation measurement is a hobby for me, so I have to look for cheap components.

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Hello!

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 01 May 2017, 10:03

Hans-Jörg,

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum. These days, if you have time and patience it's possible to explore science on a small budget, great hobby so best of luck..

Keep us posted and ask if you need help.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |