Greetings from Lookout Mountain Alabama

New members please introduce yourself here.
Tishers

Greetings from Lookout Mountain Alabama

Post by Tishers » 08 Aug 2017, 06:56

Hello from the mountains of northeast Alabama,

My name is Tisha and I am an amateur scientist. Amateur in the sense that I do not get paid for the physics side of things but I am an electrical engineer with specializations in communications and instrumentation systems. Primarily I work on power generation and transmission systems but have also done work at nuclear power facilities.

My interests are in gamma spectroscopy and element identification, sometimes doing neutron activation for non-radioactive substances. This is primarily for geology sample identification.

I also have a home-made cosmic ray "telescope" with two detectors in coincidence mode through a collimator. It is not very telescopic but it is directional.

Back in school (in the 1980's) I had done internships at a few US national labs in the accelerator physics department and in the analysis of nuclear fuel burn-up.

Tisha Hayes

iRad

Re: Greetings from Lookout Mountain Alabama

Post by iRad » 08 Aug 2017, 08:58

Hi Tisha - Greetings and glad your here! NE Bama should have a decent look at the eclipse, but not too far a drive to get into totality path. Driving up to NC myself for the view. Cheers, Tom
Please check out my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Rad-Lab
Cheers, Tom Hall