Howdy from Nashville TN

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
GCVM

Howdy from Nashville TN

Post by GCVM » 11 Feb 2019, 08:57

I'm a collector and restorer of vintage radiation detectors. Many of the units in my collection are from the 50's. I'm not a scientist or engineer. I'm just a guy enjoying what I'm doing and trying to learn a few things in the process. I have a YouTube channel ( Geiger Counter Virtual Museum ) where I show some of the detectors I've restored. Most of the units required high voltage obsolete batteries which I put together converters that use regular 9V's.
Thanks for having me, Bob

iRad

Re: Howdy from Nashville TN

Post by iRad » 11 Feb 2019, 10:32

Hi Bob - I’ve seen you videos, great work. I especially love the work you did restoring that PRI 118 Royal Scintillator. What a beautiful instrument. Glad you are here. Cheers, Tom
Cheers, Tom Hall / IRAD INC / Stuart, FL USA
Please check out my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Rad-Lab