Further greetings from South Australia

New members please introduce yourself here.
elemental

Further greetings from South Australia

Post by elemental » 09 May 2019, 09:52

Greetings Folks,

I reside in Willunga South, South Australia and I am in my 62 year.

As a brief introduction, I started collection mineral and gemstone specimens when I was 8 due to my brother being a geologist – I used to steal his rocks. This interest progressed to fossils, them meteorites, then UV minerals, then radioactive minerals and now 99.9% pure elements.

This interest embarked me on my career in which I am currently a Geophysicist with the South Australian Geological Survey – where I have been for the past 39 years.

For the past two decades I have been involved with the acquisition processing and value adding of airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys, hence my interest in both gamma spectroscopy and alpha particle source XRF.

Interestingly, the airborne surveys are only concerned with gamma peaks starting at the K40 position.

As a side interest, I am also playing the aging of radiometric rock samples and with detecting particle traces.

I have so far had contact with two people from this forum and have found them most helpful, as well as a lot of the posts.

I look forward to future participation with other forum members.

Gary Reed
Willunga South
South Australia

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Further greetings from South Australia

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 09 May 2019, 10:00

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum, great to see some locals here on the forum (albeit 1300 km from Sydney). South Australia has it all, natural Uranium under the ground and fallout from British bomb testing on top, what a great place to be ;)

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |