Hello from Czech Republic

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
Milos

Hello from Czech Republic

Post by Milos » 28 Jul 2019, 20:25

Hello,

My name is Milos. I am from Czech Republic, small country in middle of Europe, where I live in beautiful city Hradec Kralove (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajd0RQJn6Ks).
Our city is well known as the calm place to live in our country and for its architecture and universities. Since childhood I have been interested in many natural sciences like astronomy, mineralogy and chemistry, so I decided to study chemistry at the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague, where I became interested in every spectrometry you can imagine :-) (IR, Raman, circular dichroism, mass spectrometry ...). My current profession is focused on bioanalytical chemistry employing mass spectrometry and ultraperformance liquid chromatogrqaphy at the Department of Medical Biochemistry where I work as associate professor.

Story behind my interest in gamma spectrometry is quite long, but main reason for it was accident in nuclear power plant Fukushima. I wanted to have independent capability to measure low activities of radionuclides in our environment and in food. Those days, decent gamma spectrometry system was well outside of my budget. Because I have some knowledge in electrotechnics, I decided to build one by myself. My job at the university is quite time demanding, thus development of my gamma spectrometer took several years. But now, I have the system with 3" PMT and NaI(Tl) crystal, with which I am able to measure really tiny amounts of radioisotopes with ease. I hope, that some of my experiments, which I would like to present at this forum, will be intresting for other members as well.

Best Regards,
Milos
Last edited by Milos on 29 Jul 2019, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Milos Hroch
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic

Equipment: Scintillix gama spectrometer
Probe: 63x63 mm NaI(Tl), FWHM 6.9% @ 622 keV

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Hello from Czech Republic

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 29 Jul 2019, 07:50

Hello Milos,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for giving us an insight into your beautiful city.

Please feel free to share the results of your measurements on the forum.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |