I am back

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
boromix

I am back

Post by boromix » 04 Sep 2019, 01:16

Hi

my name is Fer and I live in Italy.

I started several years ago using GS1100A snr. #0024 and a Scionix 1.5" NaI (Tl) detector.
Software was Intune and PRA 3.4 and with the kind help of Steven I produced some good spectrum of lantern mantel, Cs-137, pechblenda, radon and am-241.
I love hiking in the Alpes and in the past years I collected several samples of soil and mood , unfortunately founding cs-137 in lot of them.
Work and family kept me away from hobbies but now I am back, downloaded PRA 23.0.0.0 connected the old probe and all works fine, made some uranium and cs-137 spectrum, lot easier than searching good pulses with intune ;) New functions are useful as well the calibration is easier. Kudos to Marek.
Now I have a lot to read from other members and learn.
Next project is to build and XRF probe with a Hamamatsu 6095 PMT and a Scionix SBK628 cristal kindly provided from Luuk Timmerman.

regards
Fer

luuk

Re: I am back

Post by luuk » 07 Sep 2019, 17:58

Hi Fer,
Good to see you here on the forum, it has been a long time.
Luuk

boromix

Post by boromix » 11 Sep 2019, 06:42

Hi Luuk,

thanks for your your replay.
I am actualy preparing a new probe with an Hamamatsu 6095 and a Scionix CsI(Tl) 22C25 crystal, hope to make a report soon.

Regards
Fer

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 11 Sep 2019, 11:10

Hi Fer,

Great to see you back..., I can't believe you have GS-1100A (0024), that was one of the very first boards I made, is it still working? The GS has gone through many versions since then, and I am now up to serial numbers #1290.

Look forward to read more about your experiments.
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |

boromix

Post by boromix » 12 Sep 2019, 07:17

Hi Steven

nice to read you again, yes GS 1100A is still working fine, soon some spectra with Luuk crystal.
Attachments
IMG_4717.jpg