Greetings from SW England, UK!

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
gravelmonkey

Greetings from SW England, UK!

Post by gravelmonkey » 18 Feb 2020, 03:07

Hi Everyone,

I've lurked in these forums on and off for a while now, decided to register as I've some questions about my PDS-100G.

I've also a vintage (80's?) ex-RAF contamination scintillation meter, which I'll post about in the coming days. I've never found any mention of the model online despite exhaustive googling. Last calibration paperwork suggests it was originally used at RAF Wittering by the Royal Air Force Armament Support Unit, so I assume it was related to the nuclear arsenal that was originally based there.

Gamma spectrometry has always been an interest for me, one day, I'll have a spectrometry set up, for the time being, I enjoy my kit-built Geiger counters.

I've also got a nice SW UV lamp, but not many good samples (yet!).

I've a geology background though don't work directly with radiation, beyond K:Th:U plots generated by airborne radiometric survey.

Thank you to all the contributions from everyone on this forum!
Will

Sesselmann

Re: Greetings from SW England, UK!

Post by Sesselmann » 18 Feb 2020, 10:01

Hi and welcome to the forum..

Please observe the real name requirements in the forum rules above (assuming your real name is not gravelmonkey). A convenient place to put your real name and location is in the signature section found in the user control panel UCP. It will then appear in the footer of all your posts.

PS: There may be a slight delay before your first posts appear online, as we manually approve new members, but this will be automatic after about three posts.

Thanks

Steven

gravelmonkey

Post by gravelmonkey » 18 Feb 2020, 10:38

Many thanks Steven! I'll add my location once I've found the correct box to fill in!

Kind Regards,

Will
Will

Sesselmann

Post by Sesselmann » 18 Feb 2020, 16:44

Will,

You can just write the location after your name in the signature. It's just nice for people reading the forum to know approximately where you are posting from i.e SW England, good for networking.

Steven

Svilen

Post by Svilen » 18 Feb 2020, 22:29

Welcome Will. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of the ex-RAF contamination scintillation meter :)
Svilen