Hello from the Czech Republic!

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
Pavel M.

Hello from the Czech Republic!

Post by Pavel M. » 27 Apr 2020, 04:23

Hello guys (and also gals, maybe?), my name is Pavel, I'm a student from the Czech Republic and I live in a small town called Kyjov (South Moravia).
My main fields of study are chemistry and biology, but I'm also interested in radioactivity, mainly because of the Fukushima-Daichi nuclear accident. Although I have several different Geiger counters (I've even built a few Arduino based ones), now I've finally saved up enough money for my very first gamma spectrometer.
If you are wondering, it's this piece of art, designed by Milos Hroch (another forum member): Scintillix
I'm still in the learning and setting up phase, but I hope that I'll also share some interesting measurements here in the future (once I'll have a sufficient shielding in place).
I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community.
Stay safe and curious.

Best regards,
Pavel
Last edited by Pavel M. on 06 May 2020, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment:
  • Spectrometer: Scintillix SCGS-01 v3.0
  • Probe: Scintillix 2.5" with 3" PMT

Sesselmann

Re: Hello from the Czech Republic!

Post by Sesselmann » 27 Apr 2020, 08:02

Hi Pavel,

Welcome to the forum, and yes you are right, gender equality hasn't made it to radiation detection yet, but we would love to see more women join the group.

Good luck getting up and running with spectrometry, it brings another dimension to your research.

Steven