GS Walkabout

Hang up the labcoat, relax and chat about anything
Geoff

GS Walkabout

Post by Geoff » 13 May 2015, 14:39

Got my GS Walkabout this past week. I love it. It didn't fit my iPhone 6, so I had to add a holder. It perfectly holds my GoalZero battery pack, so I can keep it charged in the field. Here it is running a radium 226 spectrum with my homemade probe. Also, it seemed to come with a candy bar that I'm assuming was delicious, since my wife and kids ate the whole thing before I could have a taste. :p
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG
IMG_1297.PNG
Last edited by Geoff on 27 Oct 2017, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Van Horn

Anchorage and Deadhorse Alaska

Steven Sesselmann

Re: GS Walkabout

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 13 May 2015, 15:04

Geoff,

Yes, the GS-Walkabout predated the iPhone 6, glad to see you have found a solution, also if I knew you had an igloo full of hungry kids I would have chucked in a few more candy bars ;)
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |

Geoff

Re: GS Walkabout

Post by Geoff » 14 May 2015, 14:09

It's funny,I sold my iPhone 5s a week before the walkabout arrived. I immediately started kicking myself. But the mount works great, and I do love having the big display. Back at work for another 2 weeks so no field exploring to do. My igloo only has two kids, but they are ravenous beasts. Have to fight them off with a stick on pizza night.
Geoff Van Horn

Anchorage and Deadhorse Alaska