1. Added: Additional pulse height gain adjustment by using “>” and “<” keys. Using this option changes the scale of an abscissa of the Pulse Height Histogram. It can be useful if heights of the pulses are mainly smaller than 10 arb.u. and acquiring pulse shape is difficult. However, it is only artificial increase of the gain and proper signal level adjustment is recommended.
2. Added: Copy and paste all values from one channel in “Energy Calibration” and “Pulse Shape” dialogue boxes.Note, the above enhancement was requested by me as some detectors just don't have a tall enough pulse to obtain a pulse shape (steven)
3. Added: PRA can be opened with document's name as command line parameter. This makes possible to associate “.pls” or “.wav” file types to be opened by PRA.
4. Added: Support for drag and drop files.
5. Added: “Export Coincident Pulses Height” menu.
6. Added: Advanced event filtering.
7. Added: Possibility to shift pitch of played sound by using “.” and “,” keys.
8. Changed: Maximum data acquisition time reduced to 100 years.I bet many have not even realised that PRA can play sound. The sound enhancement was actually introduced for one of my blind clients (Steven)
9. Changed: Format of “Pulse” structure (see Appendix). “Pulse” structure contains now the value of pulse distortion (tolerance) and the index of being in coincidence pulse from another channel.This is more than enough for me (Steven)
10. Changed: Format of “Settings” structure (see Appendix).
11. Changed: “Tolerance threshold” and “Tolerance correction” are increased 100 times to avoid
Page 3 writing small numbers.
12. Changed: Saving files without stopping data acquisition. To activate this option during data acquisition press F1 key and then open file menu. This feature is not well tested and not recommended to use during important data acquisition.I have suggested to marek that this setting should be moved to the advanced filter, as it is a function that changes the view post recording.(Steven)
13. Changed: Improved visibility of Gaussian correlation curve display.Great if you are doing a long recording. I might also suggest to Marek that the file could auto save when the set recording limit has been reached, especially since it can now be 100 years, I most likely won't be here to save the file :) (Steven)
14. Changed: Improved Counting Rate Histogram scaling to avoid unnecessary empty bins.This was another one of my requests, as the gaussian curves were not very obvious on screen shots, especially for low res jpg images, so it's much better now (Steven)
15. Fixed: All known bugs.
Changes introduced to the “Pulse” structure make version 10 of PRA are incompatible with documents (*.pls and *.ini files) produced using any earlier version. Files “.pls” saved from version 10 are 50% larger than those from previous version as they contain an extra information. Additionally, version 10 also uses 50% more computer's memory. For those who are not interested using “Advanced filtering” feature there are still older versions of PRA available for download.