Impulse for PC 😁

PRA, BeqMoni, Theremino, Fitzpeaks and beyond!
Sesselmann

Impulse for PC 😁

Post by Sesselmann » 20 Jun 2023, 19:43

Good news we have a version of Impulse that will (hopefully) run on a PC without installing Python.

I would really appreciate if some of you brave hackers out there give it a go and post the result below. This will give others the confidence to try. Don't be afraid to report a fail, otherwise I will never know what to fix. The link below downloads a file called impulse.zip and below is the cryptographic hash. You can use the hash to check no one has tampered with it, but it should be fine as it is hosted on my own server.

Unzip the file and inside the Impulse folder you will find a file called impulse.exe just double click on that one to run the program, or make a shortcut to your desktop.

https://www.gammaspectacular.com/download/impulse.zip

SHA256
961713fa604885a84ce989924614e224949fbb54e5a1522d53555131bd3cea64

After downloading the zip file you can check the SHA256 is the same as above, this proves that your file is the same as mine.

If you want to check the file hash you can copy and paste this into your terminal command line after downloading the file (username is your PC username).

C:\Users\username\Downloads>

Code: Select all

Get-FileHash -Algorithm SHA256 -Path "impulse.zip"
Steven

MartinM

Re: Impulse for PC 😁

Post by MartinM » 22 Jun 2023, 06:37

Hi Steven, I wanted to download the file but recently access to your site and forum from my location (Central Europe) is terribly slow. My download speed for that file is 8 KB/s which is something I've seen in the 90s.. So it looks like I won't be able to download it...

Sesselmann

Post by Sesselmann » 22 Jun 2023, 08:49

MartinM wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 06:37
Hi Steven, I wanted to download the file but recently access to your site and forum from my location (Central Europe) is terribly slow. My download speed for that file is 8 KB/s which is something I've seen in the 90s..
So it looks like I won't be able to download it...
Martin,

Not sure could be an intermittent problem, I just tested the download on my machine and the whole file impulse.zip took 8 seconds. Do you have any suggestions ? Maybe I should host the downloads on DropBox or some other server.

Steven

MartinM

Post by MartinM » 22 Jun 2023, 15:59

I tried now again and it's better. Probably some issue with your web hosting. I assume it's some shared hosting and that is often very unreliable and depends on load of others on the same node.
For me sometimes also the forum takes about a minute to load.. Happens for the last couple of weeks.

NuclearPhoenix

Post by NuclearPhoenix » 22 Jun 2023, 18:44

Works for me. After clicking on the executable it took some time to start, but it launched in the browser just fine. No idea if it "actually" works, though. It starts at least... :)

Sesselmann

Post by Sesselmann » 22 Jun 2023, 19:20

NuclearPhoenix wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 18:44
Works for me. After clicking on the executable it took some time to start, but it launched in the browser just fine. No idea if it "actually" works, though. It starts at least... :)
Haha, you shall just have to get yourself a GS-PRO-V5 😊

Thanks for testing, I have a new version in the pipeline, got rid of the device table on tab1 and replaced it with an input with options (pulldown).

Steven

NuclearPhoenix

Post by NuclearPhoenix » 22 Jun 2023, 19:56

Sesselmann wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 19:20
Haha, you shall just have to get yourself a GS-PRO-V5 😊
Haha, yeah I'm sure I'll get one eventually. I've just got too many other projects in the pipeline at the moment. Don't want to start another one with the journey to PMTs. :))

Sesselmann

Post by Sesselmann » 22 Jun 2023, 22:07

Notice:
Just uploaded new executable versions for both PC and Mac.

Got rid of the big device table on tab1 and replaced it with an input with a pulldown selection that refreshes on page load, looks a lot nicer.
I also fixed a bug where the count rate chart was showing incorrect time during 3D spectrum recording when intervals were not 1s. This now works correctly as long as you dont change interval in the middle of a recording.

Downloading works fine for me (about 8 seconds), but if you are on the other side of the world and connection is slow, try a different time of the day and let me know if it is crazy slow or impossible, so we can try another way.

Steven