Autocorrelations

PRA, BeqMoni, Theremino, Fitzpeaks and beyond!
toand

Autocorrelations

Post by toand » 24 May 2015, 15:51

Hi.

Is there any way to manage autocorrelations in PRA, autocorrelations from the two channels? In other words, by using the "Left if right"/"Right if left", we get the correlation (lag 0), but if I want another lag, can it be done?

Tom
Tom Andersson, Stockholm (Sweden)
Location of physics studies: Växjö
Course lab: 3" NaI(Tl) detector, plastic detector (unknown spec); two detector drivers, PC & PRA; lead bricks

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Autocorrelations

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 24 May 2015, 17:12

Tom,

I am not aware of any such settings in the PRA software, from what I understand, the correlation timeframe is fixed, but you should be able to export the data with the time stamps, and then use a third part software to analyse your data.
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |

toand

Post by toand » 25 May 2015, 03:05

Thank you!! A follow-up question. The export file "count rate versus time" appears to be limited to 32766 lines, time + count. By selecting "start time" it is possible to add single files and recollect the full time series, but is there a way of adjusting the export size?
Tom
Tom Andersson, Stockholm (Sweden)
Location of physics studies: Växjö
Course lab: 3" NaI(Tl) detector, plastic detector (unknown spec); two detector drivers, PC & PRA; lead bricks

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 25 May 2015, 12:43

You are right, there seems to be a limit, incidentally that limit is half of 16 bit, so it might be a function of the recording bit rate.

I also see there is an export function for coincidence pulses, but no way to change the correlation. If you have any specific needs, it might be worth elevating the request to Marek Dolleiser, if he feels your request is of a general nature, he will usually look at including it in future versions.
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | beejewel.com.au |