Forum login, cookies

Hang up the labcoat, relax and chat about anything
MartinM

Forum login, cookies

Post by MartinM » 25 Dec 2019, 11:42

Hi Steven,

first, Merry Christmas to everyone !

I've got a few requests regarding the forum functionality.
Every time I visit the forum, it forces me to login again, even though I set to remember the login data. Also, during longer visits, it seems that the login expires. Could you please check the configuration and persistence of your forum cookies if they are properly set?
Also the forum often loads quite slow. Not sure what kind of hosting are you using, perhaps using some cache like CloudFlare could improve this as long as the issue is not on the hosting side. It could at least improve accessing a few static resources like the title image (which is quite large btw and could be optimized). I recall that you tried CF in the past, but I think it wasn't a success. I'm running a larger forum myself (initially phpBB, then MyBB, now switched to commercial XenForo) which is behind CloudFlare and no issues with that. If you need some help with this, just let me know.

Thanks,
Martin

Cosmic

Re: Forum login, cookies

Post by Cosmic » 28 Dec 2019, 20:46

Hi Martin,

I'm not Steven ...
MartinM wrote:
25 Dec 2019, 11:42
Every time I visit the forum, it forces me to login again, even though I set to remember the login data. Also, during longer visits, it seems that the login expires. Could you please check the configuration and persistence of your forum cookies if they are properly set?
I don't have this problem, the Log-In stauts persists even after closing an re-opening the browser. I'm using Chrome on Windows and Android. Maybe your browser/cookie/privacy settings need to be tuned.
Also the forum often loads quite slow.
I can confirm that behaviour - sometimes pages need > 10sec to load.
Stefan