Fred's Intro

New members please introduce yourself here.
Fred

Fred's Intro

Post by Fred » 01 May 2015, 21:36

Hello,

I'm Fred, an oldtimer, who started in nuclear research in the early seventies, followed by a career in nuclear medicine pharmaceuticals.
We live in summer in France and in winter in The Netherlands. Because it is impossible to transport my devices from one location to the other I usually make my circuits in winter and work on the equipment in summer.
Currently, I'm building a fusor and neutrons therefore have my interest, but also gamma spectra from neutron activation analysis.
My monitoring equipment consists of a NIM bin with HV power supplies, shaping amplifier, single channel analyzer, counters, rate meters and furthermore PMTs, LiI(Eu) crystal. NaI crystal, SNM-32 He-3 corona detector, home built electronic circuits, a survey Geiger counter and a funny radiation detector (all types of radiation with programmable detection limits) from the former East German army.

Best wishes to all,

Fred
Fred Stock
The Netherlands and France

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Fred's Intro

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 01 May 2015, 21:54

Hi Fred,

Aha a special welcome to fusioneers, first of all because I have been there and done that, and second because the ability to activate materials with neutrons, opens up a whole new and exciting book of gamma spectra. Maybe we should add another forum for other science projects.

I built three different fusors, all were of my own design and produced neutrons. If you search patents under my name you will probably find the three fusion related patent applications. It would be interesting to know if you managed to breathe life into the SNM-32 as I had a whole box of those russian corona counters, I spent a lot of time and in the end I gave up on them, yet I had no problem counting neutrons with my Reuter Stokes proprtional tube.

Glad to see your post..

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |