customs fee to get stuff from Australia to Germany

Gamma spectacular, theremino adapters, non-sound card based, etc...
keuleeule

customs fee to get stuff from Australia to Germany

Post by keuleeule » 02 Nov 2016, 06:15

Hi everyone, specially the guys from germany,
Did you ordered parts from Steven?
What was the customs told you to add to the costs?
I still think about buying it via an Australian colleague who hopefully visit me quite soon... ;)
Any ideas what they want to add?
thanks, Kolja

WillemG

Re: customs fee to get stuff from Australia to Germany

Post by WillemG » 02 Nov 2016, 19:29

Hi Kolja,
I am living in the neighbourhood of Aachen and I recently ordered equipment from Bee Research.
Steven informed me before that his prices are without Australian VAT (Mehrwertssteuer).
I received the GS-1100 PRO from Steven by end July.
The Deutsche Post sent me a letter and informed me that my package was "hinterlegt" at Zollamt Aachen.
And that I needed to supply further information (Rechnung, etc.) for "Verzollung"
EC has rules for imports from outside EC, the TARIC ("Warencode")
Before I had informed that this apparatus has the following TARIC code: 9030 10 00 90, i.e. instruments for measuring or detecting ionisational radiation.
Further the "Durchsführungsverordnung (EU) von 28 juni 2016, Anhang "G" declares a "Zollbefreiung" after 1 july 2016
See:
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/
I can send you a scanned pdf of the info if you like.
So: You only have to pay at Zollamt the "Mehrwerssteuer" of 19 % and NO further costs since 1 july 2016 !
My GS 1100 PRO was 357,81 EUR before taxes and MWSt of 19% was additional 67,98 EUR.
The Zollbeamter was very friendly, he had some earlier experience with radiation measurement.
They use FLIR detection apparatus at the Zoll.
You have to unpack the aparatus there and show what is all contained in the package; no problem.
His further remark was: Oh it does not contain radioactive material (looking at the name "gammaspectacular") !

I hope this is useful info for you
If you have further questions, please let me know

Willem

keuleeule

Post by keuleeule » 02 Nov 2016, 20:05

Hi Willem, thank you, These Information was necessary for me.
Once I ordered a battery pack from the US ~ 100Euro and had to add ~90 Euro at customs :(
Pain in the ***
But that sounds quite ok now, thanks very much for this detailed answer.
regards, Kolja

WillemG

Post by WillemG » 04 Nov 2016, 18:35

Hi Kolja,
Addtional Note: German Zollamt calculates the MWSt of 19% over total billing from Steve, so net value of apparatus+postage/handling.
Actually what you payed after conversion to EUR
regards, Willem

brehwens

Post by brehwens » 05 Nov 2016, 17:40

Hi

I have bought stuff from BR on a number of occasions, but I have never had to pay any special fees when picking up my package.
As a contrast, nothing escapes swedish customs when things come from the US...
Karl Brehwens
Eskilstuna, Sweden.

Setup: 5 cm lead castle, 2mm copper lining. Gamma Spectacular Pro 2002, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1,
Primary detector: Scionix refurbished 2x2" NaI(Tl) well detector, 7.5% @ 662 keV

WillemG

Post by WillemG » 05 Nov 2016, 21:14

Hi,
Within Europe (including Sweden) there are common rules for VAT and custom costs.
When I buy books or CD's from UK shops I don't pay for VAT or extra costs too. When the Brexit will be official, then we will have to pay additional costs and VAT when buying in UK, unless trading rules will be agreed on.
The same goes for CETA (Canada) when official and for TTIP for USA when it once should come to an arrangement.

Willem

Daryl

Post by Daryl » 06 Nov 2016, 10:28

WOW! And here all this time I thought the Gamma Spectacular was just a USB powered supply for varying the plate voltage on special one-tube (single valve) crystal radios that tune Exahertz instead of Kilohertz.
Attachments
puffy.gif
puffy.gif (1.14 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Daryl Duckworth / Sun City, Arizona / Amateur Radio NN0W / High Energy Toys: Radex One, GQ GMC-320 Plus / Ludlum 14C with 44-9 Pancake / GS-1100A / Irad 2x2.25 Bicron BC-412 / Scionix 2.25 x1.5 NaI(Tl)

keuleeule

Post by keuleeule » 08 Nov 2016, 08:58

brehwens wrote:... but I have never had to pay any special fees when picking up my package
Karl, sounds like a good plan to build up the european dealer of Steven ... :)
Kolja

brehwens

Post by brehwens » 13 Nov 2016, 08:40

... I alla order alot of stuff from Ebay (China), mostly smaller Intels... Everything gets turligt so far
Karl Brehwens
Eskilstuna, Sweden.

Setup: 5 cm lead castle, 2mm copper lining. Gamma Spectacular Pro 2002, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1,
Primary detector: Scionix refurbished 2x2" NaI(Tl) well detector, 7.5% @ 662 keV

keuleeule

Post by keuleeule » 19 Jun 2018, 23:09

Hi all, had another shocking experience at german "Zoll" (customs) they wanted to add the VAT of 19% as usual but also a fee of 20% additionally.
I urgently called a colleague of mine who has a lot of experience with the customs standardized numbers (HS code) to tell that I only bought a tube socket, so the 20% were cancelled.
This all brings it to the point that Steven needs to knopw the harmonized customs numbers if he is sending over seas.

The PMT socket has HS code 85366910 as an example now!
Kolja