Hello from AtomSpectra!

New members please introduce yourself here.
AtomSpectra

Hello from AtomSpectra!

Post by AtomSpectra » 05 May 2015, 19:08

Hi everyone, we're the AtomSpectra research group, a small group of Gamma Spectrometry and Radiation Detection enthusiasts from Russian Federation and USA. We are developing various radiation detection equipment, some of those we sell on eBay under the brands AtomSpectra and Atom: Atom Mini, Atom Mini2 keychain detectors, AtomSpectra 2 PC-based spectrometer (works with Theremino and PRA) and AtomSpectra 3 mini-spectrometer for mobile devices - Android, iOS (works with GeigerBot and our own software). We would be interesting in discussing the Gamma Spectrometry topics, share our experience in environmental radiation detection and, of course, will be glad to answer your questions on our devices and software!
AtomSpectra Group - Livermore, US - Troitsk, Russia - www.atomspectra.com

Steven Sesselmann

Re: Hello from AtomSpectra!

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 06 May 2015, 11:35

Atomspectra,

Thank you for the intro to Atomspectra, I have seen some of these products and they look very neat, but please note our forum rules about real names. To participate in discussions we ask you to include your real name and location in your signature.
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |

AtomSpectra

Post by AtomSpectra » 06 May 2015, 13:11

Hi Steven! Thank you for the feedback. The reason I did not use my name (Alexander, I am from Bay Area, California, USA) is that I created this account to represent a group of people, do you object this?

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 06 May 2015, 13:20

Alexander,

It would be better if the individual members of the group join. In the signature section you could write;

Alexander ... | Bay Area, California | Member of the Atomspectra Group
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |

AtomSpectra

Post by AtomSpectra » 06 May 2015, 14:28

Steven,

I have no problem registering a separate account for myself as an individual (will do), but can I keep the group account as well? If I get you correct, you do not like group/corporate members here, why? Having a forum user representing an entity (like a manufacturer company; we actually in a process of incorporation now so you may think about the AtomSpectra as a company account) is quite convenient since any company representative could answer questions regarding our equipment here using unified account.

-Alexander

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 06 May 2015, 14:33

Alexander,

Reason is simple, a corporate entity can't hold a conversation on a forum, only a person can.

If your business needs promoting there are plenty of ways to advertise it elsewhere.

Steven

AtomSpectra

Post by AtomSpectra » 06 May 2015, 17:14

Steven,

I don't agree with you on whether the corporate entity can't hold a conversation, but it is your forum, your rules :)

I will create a personal account for myself, please feel free to freeze or delete the AtomSpectra's one if you'd like.

Thank you,
-Alexander