GEIGERBOT for Iphone

PRA, BeqMoni, Theremino, Fitzpeaks and beyond!
Alinusch

GEIGERBOT for Iphone

Post by Alinusch » 10 May 2019, 03:01

Hello,
I am struggling with the APP Geigerbot. It is not working neither with my IPhone SE nor with IPad mini. Microphone permission ist denied, no Input available. I did many attempts to find a solution, it is not working at all.
Anyone is here who can help me with this problem?

Thank you all

Michael

Steven Sesselmann

Re: GEIGERBOT for Iphone

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 10 May 2019, 07:42

Michael,

Geigerbot can be tricky, and the iPhone connection needs a special cable to work. Now with the latest iPhones that don't have the TRRS connector it's even more tricky as you need an adaptor for the adaptor :)

Here is a post on the cable you need to use. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=255&sid=7bd21814b2 ... ea21e8ef23

Even when using this cable you need to have your volume set correctly to avoid the phone dropping the connection, but when you use the right volume and have the right cable it works remarkably well.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |

Alinusch

Post by Alinusch » 11 May 2019, 17:50

Hello Steven,
thank you for your answer.
Perhaps I did not describe my problem with the APP GEIGERBOT propperly.
The cablle I ordered from you and I got it.That is not the problem.
When I open GEIGERBOT GEIGERBOT occurs,but it appears on my IPhone and my IPad MICROPHONE PERMISSION IS DENIED.
Is it due to IOS Version etc? Is it a Hardware Problem?

I hope you have understood my problem!

All the best and thank you very much

Michael from Germany

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 11 May 2019, 19:25

Michael,

The Geigerbot web page suggests a solution ghere: https://sites.google.com/site/geigerbot/docs

But on my iphone the Geigerbot app does not show in settings, maybe the same on yours?

This is a recent problem with iOS, I don't know what the solution is.

Steven
Steven Sesselmann | Sydney | Australia | gammaspectacular.com | groundpotential.org | rephopper.com | beejewel.com.au |

devilmastah

Post by devilmastah » 19 May 2019, 07:14

I am having the exact same issue, after much searching i found out that some stuff in the apple development kit changed regarding microphone permissions in the past few IOS versions.
I already send an email to the developer of geigerbot but never got an response. Would be awesome if he could update the app or make the source open if he is not going to develop any further versions of it.

Alinusch

Post by Alinusch » 19 May 2019, 15:10

Hi,

thank you all for reply. I assumed the same, wrote an e-mail, but never got an answer, furthermore the e-mail adress does not exist anymore. The problem is due to new IOS versions of Iphone or Ipad.
The APP should be updated,otherwise it is not working at all.

Michael

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 20 May 2019, 07:52

Hi Guys,

I have emailed Nick Dolezal about the email I last had communications with him.

In the mean time check out the other app called Safecast it's identical, but might have been updated.

Steven

Alinusch

Post by Alinusch » 20 May 2019, 23:39

Hi,
Thank you very much Steven!

Michael