Hello from Connecticut, USA

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
kotarak

Hello from Connecticut, USA

Post by kotarak » 07 May 2020, 23:48

My name is Andrey Stoev and I live in Brookfield, Connecticut, USA - I was born in Sofia, Bulgaria.
I am a software engineer for a Real-time Graphics Rendering company and I design and deploy Virtual Reality Systems for the Broadcast industry (a.k.a. Virtual Studios).
I've been into Electronics and Physics for a good part of my life - for the past 40+ years.
My main interests are Science, Electronics, Robotics, Amateur Radio, Flying, Astronomy, Optics and Nuclear Physics.
Always wanted to experiment with Gamma Spectroscopy and I just started building my GS setup.
For more information on my current activities - I have a blog - http://blog.kotarak.net/
Andrey E. Stoev
Brookfield, Connecticut, USA

Svilen

Re: Hello from Connecticut, USA

Post by Svilen » 08 May 2020, 03:28

Welcome once again, Andrey! Thank you for following the rules and introducing yourself here. Great that you also have this interesting blog, I'm just going to read about the diffusion cloud chamber you show there ;)
Svilen

iRad

Post by iRad » 08 May 2020, 08:11

Welcome Andrey - Nice Blog... I love the SG-1 Neopixel Clock! Fantastic. Have fun!!!
Cheers, Tom Hall / IRAD INC / Stuart, FL USA
Please check out my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Rad-Lab

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » 08 May 2020, 08:31

Hello Andrey,

Welcome to the forum, look forward to see what you have to share with us. Saw on your blog you have experience with cloud chambers (another one of my half finished projects).

See you around..

Steven