Ortec 926 ADCAM MCB

Gamma spectacular, theremino adapters, non-sound card based, etc...
EeeTee

Ortec 926 ADCAM MCB

Post by EeeTee » 12 Jun 2021, 15:55

I was shown a pile of the above NIMs in the lab today.. Can anyone point me in the direction of some some generic drivers for them and some open source software which will do the same thing as Ortec Maestro?
Teyen, Idaho :arrow:

GigaBecquerel

Re: Ortec 926 ADCAM MCB

Post by GigaBecquerel » 13 Jun 2021, 07:38

Hello,

As far as I know there is no free software that can talk to ortec hardware directly.
Aquiring Maestro or even Gamma Vision is not impossible, it can be found online, the issue is usually in adapting the ortec DPM to something your computer can understand.
Canberra has their dongles, ortec has the DPM port, that's their way of stopping people who did not buy their stuff

EeeTee

Re: Ortec 926 ADCAM MCB

Post by EeeTee » 13 Jun 2021, 14:44

That is unfortunate! I think (hope) we probably have the appropriate NIM-to-USB cable somewhere in the lab. I also gather there is a demo of Maestro which can be gotten from Ortec, how limited its functionality is I don't know- I've submitted a request to them. I guess if there's no way to interface with the device we'll have to do things like we did in the olden days and procure a counter/timer module for the NIMBIN. Which, I must say, appeals to me as I'm much more of a hardware-and-notebook kind of guy in general. You know the adage: "To err is human, if you really want to nause things up, use a computer"..
Teyen, Idaho :arrow: