Gamma spectroscopy with a Raspberry Pi 4B

Gamma spectacular, theremino adapters, non-sound card based, etc...
Conor Whyte

Gamma spectroscopy with a Raspberry Pi 4B

Post by Conor Whyte » 24 Mar 2021, 12:15

I just wanted to share a little something that I have been working on, this being a credit card sized spectroscopy system that could placed on the back of a monitor and used as a networked pulse processor.

Today I flashed a distro of Android 11 onto the Rpi and ran the latest version of InterSpec flawlessly. I also had a go a running the Gamma Spectacular through Atom Spectra with little success. Turns out there is an audio codec issue with android Beta that I need to have another look at.

If you are wondering why I am not using Raspberry Pi OS the reason is that when trying to compile InterSpec I constantly ran into broken / invalid packages for completing the cmake command. There are 5-6 different libraries at various stages of incomplete or missing that only seem to be working on x86. So, off to android I went. :)

A couple things I am not so thrilled with, a) Atom Spectra has an issue with external audio codecs so I cannot do sound card spectroscopy with the Gamma Spectacular as of yet b) no support for rendering within certain apps. While this is not supposed to be an issue, Atom Spectra draws its spectrum via onboard graphics within the ARM chipset which at this moment appears unsupported. There is no issue with apps that use the Java runtime libraries, hence why InterSpec seems to run with 0 issues at all.

Anyone into help me get Lineage OS 18.1 working so that we have a OS that'll run on the Rpi or other ARM-64 based SBC?
Attachments
20210323_125717.jpg
20210323_125622.jpg
20210323_125615.jpg