Greetings from Chicagoland

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
amorris

Greetings from Chicagoland

Post by amorris » 30 Jul 2022, 01:37

My name is Aaron Morris and I'm the main technical person at RSSI, a small health physics consulting company in Morton Grove, IL. (Also the QA Officer, certified radon measurement professional for a number of jurisdictions, and a host of other titles besides (we're a small company).) In general, I'm responsible for our high-resolution gamma spectroscopy system as well as most day-to-day survey meter calibrations, though I also do low-background proportional alpha/beta counting when I get the chance to handle samples. We're an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited lab for all our lab and calibration work.

I stumbled across this site when looking for a manual for an instrument I'd seen before but now under a new manufacturer. We maintain a rather extensive library of manuals, which I've just decided this summer to start reconciling paper and digital versions (I'm currently in the "C" manufacturers). That said, if anyone needs a manual, feel free to reach out and I'll see if we've got one. (And to be clear, I have no issue sharing them; it's not contingent on using us as a lab or anything like that.)
Aaron Morris
RSSI

Sesselmann

Re: Greetings from Chicagoland

Post by Sesselmann » 30 Jul 2022, 10:11

Aaron,

Welcome to the forum, great to have you on board. Your experience and library of manuals will come in handy for sure.

I recently set up a dedicated forum for old and new manuals here: viewforum.php?f=24

Not much in it yet, but hopefully it will develop over time.

Looking forward to your input.

Steven