Gene from Indiana, USA

All new members, your first post should be an introduction here;
Forum rules
Welcome, these forums are for professional and amateur scientists to discuss matters relating to radiation detection, and to facilitate friendly and honest collaboration. It is a requirement for all members to register using their real names and location. If your name has not already been used, feel free to use it as a login handle, otherwise add your name and location to the bottom of your posts as a default signature. Thanks for cooperating.

BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS
If you have a rad related business and want to post information about your products you may do so in the trading post, providing you first introduce your business formally in the introductions forum and add your business details in the signature sections so it is clear to everyone that your post has a commercial purpose.
beamtuner

Gene from Indiana, USA

Post by beamtuner » 20 Nov 2015, 15:30

Hi. I'm Gene, currently located near Bloomington, Indiana. I am recently retired. I worked as a cyclotron operator for 21 years at the (now defunct) Indiana University Cyclotron Facility (IUCF), followed by 15 years as an Accelerator Physicist/Engineer at the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (NSCL) at Michigan State University, smashing lots of atoms. :-) I have a variety of interests besides physics, but I plan to do amateur gamma spectroscopy for monitoring local conditions, and checking out material gathered on trips around the country.
Hello to all.

-Gene
-Gene at Bloomington, Indiana

Sesselmann

Re: Gene from Indiana, USA

Post by Sesselmann » 20 Nov 2015, 16:05

Hi Gene,

Welcome to the forum, judging from your introduction I am sure you will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I look forward to your contribution.

I happen to be working on a little particle acellerator project of my own which might interest you, so when I get a chance I might post something about it in the Lounge forum.

Steven