Unexpected good news....

PRA, BeqMoni, Theremino, Fitzpeaks and beyond!
Sesselmann

Unexpected good news....

Post by Sesselmann » 01 Nov 2020, 22:08

Hi Guys,

Today I discovered completely by accident that Geigerbot is working again on Apple's latest iOS release 13.0, this is really good news for those who want a portable solution.

I designed the GS-USB-PRO to work with IOS devices, but as timing had it, Apple released a version of their OS which rendered the software useless.

So if you have a recent model iPhone or iPad, download Geigerbot (free) and give it a try. It is no longer necessary to custom make a cable, the GS-USB-PRO will work with a regular off the shelf TRRS cable ( the jack plug with 4 contacts).

I'm just testing it now and obtaining a pretty good spectrum with the 32 sample setting.

Let us know if anyone else has success with this.

Steven
Geigerbot Spectrum
Geigerbot Spectrum

Geoff

Re: Unexpected good news....

Post by Geoff » 02 Nov 2020, 03:18

That’s awesome!
Geoff Van Horn

Former Alaskan living in rural Wisconsin

Brian73

Geigerbot on iPhones with no headset port?

Post by Brian73 » 31 Jan 2021, 11:30

If the phone doesn't have headset port (iPhone Xs), can the adaptor for a headset to lightning connector work or will this only work on older phones?

Sesselmann

Post by Sesselmann » 31 Jan 2021, 11:46

Brian,

When the first iPhones came out with lightning connector they used to come with a short adaptor to TRRS, maybe that's now an optional extra.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19242320086 ... PUQAvD_BwE

Steven

Brian73

Post by Brian73 » 01 Feb 2021, 00:30

Hi Steven,

That was what I was thinking about, however now that I look into it, that adaptor only does audio out, and as such is not suitable to get the pulse data into the iPhone for Geigerbot to work. I'll dig into it a little more. Maybe just using an iPad with a proper headset pot is the easiest solution.

Regards,
Brian

Ben H

Post by Ben H » 01 Feb 2021, 21:04

Something worth looking at is OTG, I have got my GS-USB-Pro working with Android and AtomSpec, by plugging the USB directly into the phone with an OTG cable. As the device acts as a standard sound card, I imagine the same would work for an Iphone.
Ben Hurren | Electronics and Software | Germany / UK

Mike S

Post by Mike S » 22 Dec 2021, 07:04

Brian73 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 00:30
Hi Steven,

That was what I was thinking about, however now that I look into it, that adaptor only does audio out, and as such is not suitable to get the pulse data into the iPhone for Geigerbot to work. I'll dig into it a little more. Maybe just using an iPad with a proper headset pot is the easiest solution.

Regards,
Brian
I know this is an old post, but just in case someone comes along later...

I recently started doing videos using an iPhone8 and an iPhone13 and I can confirm that the little dongle sold by apple for <$10 USD works as a microphone input, but you have to have the right TRS to TRRS adapter/cables to get your input signal routed to the correct set of contacts (I bought a Movo MC3 adapter on Amazon for $10 USD).

Mike S.
Mike Sullivan
Central Coast of California, USA