Just had word from Marek (PRA author) that 184.108.40.206 is out, this one has just a few minor enhancements, including a requests which I have been waiting for.
Changes in version 15.0.1
1. Added: Mean and standard deviation are displayed in “PulseWidth” histogram.
2. Added: Trigger modes: normal and auto are toggled by depressing “T” key.
The second point is the one I have been waiting for, because I often use PRA to test my low efficiency neutron detectors which only have a background count every 10 minutes, so if you are waiting for a pulse and happen to blink at the wrong time you have to wait another 10 minutes.
Now by pressing the "t" key you can set the audio input window into trigger mode, so when the pulse triggers it stays on the screen until it is overwritten with a new pulse.
Note: Marek seems to love keyboard short cuts, so if you are new to PRA I suggest you take the time to study this.
PRA uses following commands which can be accessed by keyboard shortcut:
- → (right arrow) – increase current position in an active histogram by one.
- ← (left arrow) – decrease current position in an active histogram by one. 3. ↑ (up arrow) – horizontal zoom out.
- ↓ (down arrow) – horizontal zoom in.
- Page Up – vertical zoom in. Can be also done with the Mouse Wheel rotation. 6. Page Down – vertical zoom out.
- A – start data acquisition.
- S – stop data acquisition.
- Space – Start or stop 'playing' audio pulses.
- . (period) – Rises the pitch of the played sound.
- > – Increases the rate of the “played pulses”.
- , (comma) – lowers the pitch of the played sound.
- < – Decreases the rate of the “played pulses”.
- B – mark beginning of 'Region Of Interest' in Pulse Height Histogram.
- E – mark end of 'Region Of Interest'.
- K – mark all ROIs in the right channel identical to the left channel ROIs.
- D – mark automatically very wide ROI around Gaussian correlation peak (D for double).
- F – mark automatically wide ROI around Gaussian correlation peak (F for full).
- G – mark automatically medium ROI around Gaussian correlation peak (G for Gaussian).
- H – mark automatically narrow ROI around Gaussian correlation peak (H for half).
- L – toggles automatic selection of last entry in “Counting Rate vs Time” window.
- T – toggles normal and auto trigger modes in “Audio Input” window.
- Delete – deletes ROI at current position in pulse height histogram.
- Delete + Shift – deletes all ROIs in pulse height histogram.
- Q – opens Information dialogue box which displays the same information as in active window as text which can be read by “JAWS” program. To quit this dialogue box press Enter key.
26. F1 – Activates all “Save” menu items during data acquisition without stopping. This status will be reset to 'normal' when you restart data acquisition.