How to use stabilizer in Becquerel Monitor

PRA, BeqMoni, Theremino, Fitzpeaks and beyond!
tim.hbn

How to use stabilizer in Becquerel Monitor

Post by tim.hbn » 04 Aug 2021, 00:46

Hi

I have recently purchased an AtomNano 3 spectrometer from eBay and have been making various experimental measurements with it. I have discovered that changes in temperature can cause the horizontal position of the Cs137 peak to vary by more than plus or minus 10 keV. However, I have seen that Becquerel Monitor has a "stabilizer" feature which I am hoping can solve this problem but I do not know how to use it and Becquerel Monitor does not have a help file.

Can anyone here explain to me how to use the stabilizer feature?

Thank you very much.

Sesselmann

Re: How to use stabilizer in Becquerel Monitor

Post by Sesselmann » 04 Aug 2021, 10:25

Tim,

Yes unfortunately Becquerel Monitor was written in japan and there is no english manual with the software.

I am not a regular user of BM, but I recall trying this feature and confirming that it worked. If you figure it out it would be great if you could write up a post on how to use it. I shall also give it a try from my end.

Steven

tim.hbn

Re: How to use stabilizer in Becquerel Monitor

Post by tim.hbn » 06 Aug 2021, 18:58

Hi Steven

Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been very busy.

Do you know if it is possible to build circuitry into a gamma spectrometer which can make it almost immune to temperature variations?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim